Please email or phone a member of the group if you want to contact them directly.
Institute of Physics, Eötvös University Budapest Pázmány Péter sétány 1/A Budapest H-1117 Hungary Phone: +361 372-2795 Fax: +361 372-2757
How to find us
From the airport
- Upon arrival, ask for an "AirportShuttle Minibus". This company is run by the airport authorities, you will find a desk within the terminal building where you arrive.
- At the desk, tell the following address: Budapest XI., Pazmany Peter setany 1/A You pay at the desk: around €12 (2990 HUF in Dec. 2009). Online reservation before traveling is also possible.
- Within a few minutes, a driver will come up and bring you to a minibus.
- Tell the driver to drop you at the gate on the Duna side of the Northern Building (the Building with the observatory on it). If the driver doesn't understand you, give him a piece of paper with the following: "Az eszaki epulet (amelyiken a gomb van) Duna feloli kapuja" [this means "The Danube side gate of the northern building (the one with the sphere on it)"]
- 1. The Danube flows north to south. You are standing on the west bank of the river. We are in the southwest corner of the building on the 3rd or 5th floor. NOTE: the ground level is the 0th floor.
2. You can call internal (4-digit) numbers from inside the gate.
From the railway stations
- Whenever you change to another tram, metro, etc, make sure you validate a new ticket. Tickets are around €1. If you stay longer, we would suggest a monthly pass or a tourist ticket.
- From "Déli pályaudvar" (Southern Railway Station) or "Keleti pályaudvar" (Eastern R S): Take metro line 2 [red line] to "Blaha Lujza tér"
- From "Nyugati pályaudvar" (Western R S): find the stop of tram no. 4/6 ( = 4 or 6 ).
- Change to tram no. 4 or 6, take the "Móricz Zsigmond körtér" direction (this is equivalent to "Lágymányos" or "Petőfi híd"). Get off immediately after crossing the bridge (at "Goldmann György tér")
- Turn your back at the river. The Technical University campus is on your right, the campus of Eötvös University is on your left.
- Turn left and follow the pathway to the building at its end. This is the Chemistry/Physics Building.
- The Danube flows north to south. You are standing on the west bank of the river. We are in the southwest corner of the building on the 3rd or 5th floors. NOTE: the ground level is the 0th floor.
- You can call internal (4-digit) numbers from inside the gate.
By carGPS coordinates: 47.474571,19.062662 map
Follow the red signs on the maps below. The green arrow points to the Riverside entrance (GPS).